Can I have a dog?
Yes, most of our properties allow pets with size limitations.  The pet must be an animal that is commonly kept as a pet, such as a dog, cat, fish or bird. Look at the Pet Policy for more information.

I have a new job. Do I need to report it?
Yes, come to the office and report all changes in income or family status within five days.  Changes in income may impact your rent payment.

I moved out of my apartment today. How long will it take for you to refund my deposit?
If your account was current and you left your apartment clean and in good shape, you should receive any refund due to you within thirty days.

I'm moving and I'm on the waiting list. How can I change my address?
When you move, come by the office and complete a change of address form or write us a letter.  Don't forget to let the Post Office know your new address too, so you don't miss any important mail.

I can't find my birth certificate. Can I apply for housing assistance without it?
Yes, you can apply for housing without your birth certificate, driver's license or Social Security Card.  However, you will need those documents at move-in, so make arrangements to get new ones now.

Are your Section 8 or Public Housing waiting lists open?
All of the programs offered by the Housing Authority are accepting applications.  You can apply for one or all programs for which you might qualify with the same application.

How long is the Section 8 waiting list?

Section 8 is a very popular program.  The wait for a voucher could be up to five years.

Can I mail you my application for Housing?
The application must be submitted in person, so we can look it over before you leave. We want to make sure you didn't miss a page or omit any information necessary to process your application.

I live in another town.  Can I use my Section 8 voucher in Jefferson City?
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program has a portability aspect where a voucher may be used in a location other than where it was obtained. Talk to the representative at the housing authority that provided your voucher.  That housing authority can call us to get the process started.

I'd like to get a roommate.  Can I move someone new into my apartment? Yes, but only with the approval of the Housing Authority. You can add another person to your lease if that person completes an application and qualifies for the program.  Make sure you have done all the paperwork and you both have signed the lease before you let anyone move in.

How much will the damage deposit be for my new apartment?
The damage deposit is usually equal to one month's rent.  The Pet Deposit is $200.00.